Whether you’re playing an icebreaker at an adventure camp or retreat, or just hanging out with friends at a sleepover, these truth or dare questions will keep everyone laughing.
Get to know your friends better by finding out their most embarrassing moments, watching how they react to gross things, and just having fun!
Making Truth or Dare Interesting
Truth or Dare is usually played with a group of people, but you can also play it with one person like your best friend or crush. Each person takes it in turns to answer a random and revealing question or perform an action (dare) chosen by the group or the questioner.
She cannot change her mind once she chooses truth or dare. It’s fun to play according to the traditional rules, but there are lots of ways you can change it up to make it even cooler.
Play Truth or Dare by Text
Slumber party? I’m happy! By text, you can play truth or dare. It’s super convenient, especially for the truth. Players should be required to show photos of their dares. Unless it was captured on camera, it never happened.
Play Truth or Dare by Phone
You can play online or by phone. It’s a great way to stay connected with distant friends. Play with your friends or the whole group on a conference call. Show your dares with photos.
Try the Long Game
Truth or Dare is usually an evening activity, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s easy to pick up and put down if you’re hanging out for a few days or playing by text or phone.
Days, weeks, or even months can pass between games, making them part of your regular interactions with friends.
Questions for Truth or Dare
For truth or dare questions, it is important to figure out what kind of questions you’re looking for. You can use a few basic questions to learn more about participants, whether you want something embarrassing or not. If you’re playing truth or dare, these fun questions are sure to make it fun.
Truth or Dare Questions for Girls
- In what kind of pajamas do you sleep?
- Do you skinny dip?
- What’s the dumbest dare you’ve ever taken?
- Your underwear color?
- Who would you marry if you could marry one teacher at school or at work?
- Who would you want with you on a deserted island?
- What do you collect nobody knows about?
- Lip balm: how many tubes do you own?
Truth Questions for Guys
- When you were a kid, what was your nickname?
- When was the last time you showered?
- How scary is your nightmare?
- Have you ever used the bathroom in a strange place?
- Did you cheat on a test?
- Do you have any criminal history?
- Have you ever faked illness to get out of school?
- Did you ever wet the bed?
Truth or Dare Questions for Best Friends
- How would you describe me (the person asking the question)?
- Did you ever lie to me?
- In a friend, what are the three most important qualities?
- Is there a situation where you would lie?
- One thing you’ve never told anyone?
- Over the course of your life, how many best friends have you had?
- In the event that your current boyfriend/girlfriend decided to end things right now, what would you do?
- In the event that you were to win the lottery, what would you do with a million dollars?
- Would you say that you are afraid of dying? The reasons are:
Truth or Dare Questions for Your Girlfriend
- Do you have a favorite feature about yourself that you would like to share with us?
- In your opinion, which piece of clothing I have worn is your least favorite out of all the ones you have seen me wear?
- What is your favorite thing about kissing me?
- In your opinion, what are the most important traits you are looking for in someone you are dating?
- Can you tell me something about yourself that you are afraid to share with me?
Truth Questions for Your Boyfriend
- What do you think is the biggest flaw in your physical appearance?
- Do you recall a time when you were dating someone who cheated on you?
- In your opinion, what is it about me that makes you like me the most?
- Can you tell me what you thought of me before we started dating?
- Would you mind telling me something I don’t know about you yet?
- Is there anything that scares you the most?
Truth or Dare Questions for Couples
- Would you like to share with us who was your first crush, or who is your current crush?
- Did you have your first kiss when you were a young child? What was the age of your first kiss?
- If you were on a date, what would you consider to be your most awkward moment?
- How would you feel if you could kiss a celebrity without it having an impact on our relationship? What celebrity would you choose?
- Can you tell me what the perfect first date would look like for you?
- What would you do if you were given the chance to spend 24 hours with a person of the opposite gender?
Questions for Kids
- When you grow up, what would you like to be when you are an adult?
- When you grow up, what kind of person do you want to marry someday?
- Would you like to have children in the future? Can you tell me how many there are?
- Who would you like to swap places with for a day if you were able to do so?
- Can you think of anything that you would invent if you had the chance?
- Who would you want to be if you could be a Disney character and why would you choose that character?
- Can you tell me something about yourself that no one else knows about you that your sibling does?
- What would your superpower be if you could be a superhero? If you were a superhero, what would it be?
- What is your favorite Disney movie and why do you like it so much?
Truth or Dare Questions for Tweens
- Can you tell me what your baby’s nickname is?
- How many times have you secretly watched the same kids’ movie over and over again?
- Would you ever consider dancing in front of a mirror if you had the chance?
- Do you have a song that you are embarrassed to admit that you love?
- Can you tell me something that you have never told anyone before?
- What is your favorite thing to sleep with? Is it a blanket or stuffed animal?
- Would you prefer to spend time with your parents if given the choice?
- Let’s imagine you were a college student… if you were a college student, how would you be if you were a college student?
Funny Truth or Dare Questions
- As you sit on the toilet, what thoughts do you have in your head?
- Do you prefer having a sneeze that sounds like a train horn or would you rather be able to do a creepy high-pitched giggle as a laugh instead?
- Did you ever pee in a swimming pool when you were a kid?
- Would you prefer to eat a pigeon or a subway rat if you had the choice?
- In exchange for $50, would you be willing to eat an ice cream with dead flies on top on Sunday?
Clean Truth Questions
- In the event that you were not here, what would you be doing instead?
- What would you do if you weren’t able to attend college or get the job of your dreams? How would you handle the situation?
- If you had to pick a pet peeve, what would it be?
- Do you have a special talent that you would like to share with us?
- Do you have a favorite meal that you have ever eaten?
- How would you feel if for a day, you were invisible? What would you do?
- In the event that your life were made into a movie, who would play the role of you?
- I would like to know what happened to you on the worst day of your life.
- Do you have any personality traits that would make you end a friendship if you had them?
- Which character would you choose to come back as if you were able to be born again?
These are some flirty Truth or Dare questions that will make you laugh
- Is there anyone in the room that you would like to go on a date with if you could?
- Do you know anyone who has the most beautiful eyes among all of the people you know?
- In your mind, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the person standing to your left?
- In your opinion, what is the best type of underwear to wear?
- If you were to describe your favorite feature of someone of the opposite sex, what would it be?
Embarrassing Questions for Truth or Dare
- Is there anything that you do not want anyone in this group to ask you? It would be a good idea to keep it in mind for future rounds!
- Do you remember any time when you told a lie during a game of Truth or Dare? Could you tell me what it was and why it was important to you?
- Is there anyone here that you have ever had a crush on?
- Do you know anyone here who knows something about you that you wouldn’t want to be revealed to the world?
- Do you remember the last time you sang and danced in the grocery store?
- Can you tell me about a book that you are embarrassed to have read?
- The question is what do you eat when you have the choice of anything you want and no one is looking?
Truth or Dare Questions Over the Phone
- If you were to pick one person on this call, what would be some honest advice you would give to that person in terms of their relationship?
- Is there anything that you would do right now if you knew that the world was about to end and you had to hang up the phone?
- In your opinion, what is something that only you know about someone we both know, but who isn’t on this call with us?
- Did you make a call to someone last night? Who was it?
- On your phone, what was the last song that you listened to?
Truth or Dare Questions Over Text
- What is the most embarrassing thing that you can think of right now that is within three feet of you?
- In your opinion, who is the closest person to you, and what is the most appealing feature about them?
- How would you describe the color of the eyes of the person who asked you this question?
- The question is, if you had to choose something to eat within two feet of where you are sitting or standing right now, what would you choose?
- Is there anything you recently photographed with your phone that you would like to share with me?
Truth or Dare Questions for Families
- Can you tell me which member of your family you are most like?
- Is there anyone in your family that you are afraid you will turn out like at some point in your life?
- Is there anyone in your family who has seen you cry in the last year?
- What is your favorite way to spend time with your siblings?
- When no one else is at home except you and your siblings, what are you and your siblings going to do?
- Is there anything you have ever said to your parents that you regret saying?
- What is something that you do as a parent that you do not want anyone else to know about?
- What is the most common mistake you have made when you blamed your sibling for something you were actually responsible for?
Questions About Breaking Rules
- Do you think it would be okay to go behind your friend’s back with a crush?
- Do you think you would ever cheat on a friend’s paper if you were in their position?
- Would you mind telling me if you have ever kept a library book instead of returning it to the library?
- Do you remember a time when you pretended to be older or younger than you actually were in order to be able to accomplish something?
- When was the last time you snuck into a movie you weren’t supposed to see?
- When you were a child, did you ever tell your parents that you were somewhere that you weren’t?
- When was the last time you were late for curfew?
- Can you tell me if you have ever been in trouble with the police?
- What is it like to visit the principal’s office? Have you ever been there?
Awesome Dare Questions for Every Situation
To make great dares, you need to ask the person who is requesting the dare to do something that they wouldn’t normally do in their everyday lives. There are some really hilarious dares that come from ridiculous requests.
In order to maintain the safety of your friends, it is recommended that you never dare them to break the law or do anything dangerous.
There is no doubt that this game is supposed to be fun, but if someone is hurt or if the police are called, the entertainment will come to a quick end.
Good Dares for Your Crush
- The person who gave you this dare should be kissed on the feet.
- Imagine that you are making up a rap about the person who dared you and mention a few of his or her best qualities.
- You can take a selfie while kissing the other person on the cheek while taking the selfie.
- For the next two minutes, talk about what you like about the other person and what interests you about them.
- If you have five minutes to spare, try to tie as many maraschino cherry stems into a knot using your tongue as you can in that time.
Dares for Tweens
- Enjoy a mystery brew that was concocted by the other members of the group. It is important to ensure that there is nothing harmful or dangerous in the concoction and to set a reasonable limit on the number of sips the person must take in order to complete the dare.
- I want you to go outside and sing a clip of your favorite Disney song at the top of your lungs.
- Make sure you don’t use your hands when eating a snack.
- Spend a few minutes coming up with an outfit that has every color of the rainbow in it. It is okay to borrow things from your friends as long as you need them.
- If there is a pet at the event, you should try to hold the pet for the rest of the night if you are able to.
Dares for Kids in Truth or Dare
- Take a bite of crackers and try to whistle while eating them.
- As a class member, raise your hand every time the teacher asks a question and give the answer (if you are able to) if you can.
- Take a huge bite of two foods that are supposed to never be together, such as pickles and peanut butter, or applesauce and olives, and combine them.
- Pretend to be a waiter or waitress and take orders for snacks from everyone in the group as if you were a waiter or waitress. Please bring them the food they ordered and then check back with them to see if they liked it.
- For the next three rounds of the game, you will have to repeat everything the other player says.
Dares for Couples
- When you’re camping, stand near the refrigerator (or food pack if you’re camping), close your eyes, and randomly point to something inside the refrigerator. Make sure you keep your eyes closed while your boyfriend or girlfriend helps you eat some of the food that you picked out for yourself.
- The next round of questions will require you and your significant other to exchange shirts.
- Give your boyfriend or girlfriend a piggyback ride around the room next time you’re together.
- Give someone else the chance to completely transform your appearance, complete with hair, makeup, and an awesome outfit to make you look like a million bucks.
- Take a moment to lick each finger of your significant other.
Clean Dares for Truth or Dare
- It is recommended that you tape your hands to your ankles for the next 10 minutes.
- Please wear a funny hat on your head for the next three rounds of questions that will be asked.
- If you need a cup of sugar, ask your neighbors if they can lend you one.
- Take a large garbage bag and cut the bottom of it open. You can wear it just like a skirt by tying the ties around your waist and wearing it like a skirt. Put on a show like you’re modeling couture on a catwalk and act like you’re the star.
- Imitate a monkey by running around the room imitating it.
Dares Over Text
- I would like to ask you to open Facebook and like the first post, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.
- You can moonwalk while a friend takes a video of you doing so, and then send a copy of the video to the person who dared you to do so.
- Throughout the remainder of the game, everything you type must rhyme with each other.
- Make sure you call the first person on your contact list and wish them a happy birthday.
- You need to inform the fifth person on your contact list that you have peed in your pants.
- Put an egg on your head and crack it.
- It would be great if everyone in the group could style your hair and take photos of it.
- The rest of the game involves yelling “giddy-up” every time someone asks a question and gallopring around the room in a circular pattern every time someone asks a question.
- You should take off your socks and wear them on your hands for the remainder of the evening.
- For the next three rounds of questions, pretend that you are swimming underwater and answer the questions accordingly. Don’t forget to make bubbles and come up for air from time to time while you’re bubbling around.
- During the next two rounds of the game, you will be singing instead of speaking.
Dares for Adults
- It is recommended that you take off the couch cushions and hold anything you find under there in your mouth for 10 seconds.
- If you are wearing the same clothing as someone of the opposite gender, switch it with them. The clothes should be changed in private, but the clothes should be worn for the next four rounds.
- Make sure that you wear something that can be used as a cape so that you can act like a superhero.
- Put on a British accent and say the alphabet backwards.
- I would like you to describe in detail the last time you went into the bathroom, including every detail that you saw.
- The next thing you need to do is to go to the drugstore and buy a package of adult diapers.
- If you would like to make a YouTube video of you singing a current popular song into a hairbrush, you can do so.
- The only words you should use on social media to update your status are those that begin with the letter “T.”.
- You can make a headdress out of toilet paper and post a picture of it on the internet.
- If you would like to share your browsing history with the group, you should take a screenshot of your browser.
- In your Facebook post, describe the process of buying your last pair of shoes in a way that is as detailed as possible.
Best Dares for Girls
- You can play a prank call on someone you know (maybe another member of the group that was unable to make it that night).
- There is nothing better than going outside and shouting at the top of your lungs, “I am [your name]! Hear me roar!”
- In front of everyone, pick your nose and eat it in front of them!
- For the remainder of the game, you will have to wear your pants backwards.
- Play a game of tea parties with any of the stuffed animals you have in your house. Make sure you invite the girls in your group to join you.
Best Dares for Guys
- The polish should be left on for one week and you should paint each toenail and fingernail a different color.
- In order to continue playing, you will need to switch socks with someone else.
- Let’s hold hands for 60 seconds with the person on the other side of you.
- Make a call to someone you think is attractive and tell that person that his or her best feature is what makes him or her so attractive.
- I would like to do a belly dance for the group.
Make It a Fun Party Game for Everyone
The truth or dare game is one of the most fun games to play. It is important, however, that you don’t get swept away in the game if you come across something that you or someone in your group do not want to answer or do.
Continue the game by asking that person another truth question or dare as a means to keep the game going or maybe move on to something simpler like asking yes or no questions.
It is important to keep in mind that after the party game, you will become friends with these people. You don’t want to mess that up in any way.